Sunday 16 March 2014

Progress

I have just been brainstorming this weekend and have allowed my millions of thoughts and ideas to go where they wanted, not limiting the ideas by the logistical contstraints I might face when realising the brief and so i have come up with a lot of great and viable ideas. I have decided to definitely go with an installation and it must involve the visitor and not allow them to be simply a passive passer by. Now, what I am discovering is that an installation need not be confined to a room, gallery or even the great turbine hall, it can take on many forms. This is pretty ecxiting, I wish to engage people and surprise them, get them involved and leave them feeling joyous and positive about art and the experience they have just had.
http://gb.pinterest.com/pin/569494315351458119/
I remember this wonderful and simple piece during Final Cut at Manchester Art Gallery last year,
 I could have stayed within its gently swaying branches for hours, it made me feel very peaceful and happy, very calm and smiley.








So, do I keep it within a traditional installation design, a room, indoors or branch out.. go outside, hide things about like easter eggs to be discovered... I do quite like that idea. In fact that is the main premise of this project, for the work to be discovered by the visitor, not presented obviously by me. Things like this

Found these stuck around Picadilly
gardens and they were gone the next day


around Manchester qualify certainly, and are fun and make people happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment