Thursday 8 May 2014

with four weeks to go

A weird week, could not get a grip on things this week and felt like chucking it in more than once but I am sure that is not all that unusual. So Wednesday I was feeling a bit listless and just kind of messed around without really trying to go anywhere serious...I love the organic feel of corrugated cardboard and have been wanting to make something with it for ages so i messed around with some bits and pieces... did some prints and started a colage thing


 I'm not sure where, if anywhere I will go with this yet but it was nice to do.

Then I wanted to further experiment with the drawing device and though maybe a pendulum would work so I made this ( with the help of Kieron of course)  and wanted to tie balloons to it and, you know..see where it went but I didn't go too far with it... still, there's plenty of time for that!

I also made these little doodads,

just to experiment with the action of drawing with something slightly unusual, I was particularly delighted by this piece
http://rustybreak.tumblr.com/post/30466438290/sean-mackaoui
and so used some old pencils to create my versions, test versions.. I will do some nicer ones with coloured pencils where I put specific colours together, groups of say, reds and oranges and yellows.. then one with the blues and greens, that sort of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment